Chorus: Hail to the Lord’s anointed, great David’s greater Son!
Hail in the time appointed, His reign on earth begun!
1. He comes to break oppression, to set the captive free,
To take away transgression, and rule in equity. (Chorus)
2. He comes with comfort speedy to those who suffer wrong,
To help the poor and needy, and bid the weak be strong.
3. To give them songs for sighing, their darkness turn to light,
Whose souls, condemned and dying, are precious in His sight. (Chorus)
4. He shall come down like showers upon the fruitful earth,
Love, joy, and hope, like flowers, spring in His path to birth. (Chorus)
5. The tide of time shall never His covenant remove.
His Name shall stand forever, That Name to us is Love. (Chorus)
from Joy Beyond The Sorrow: Indelible Grace VI,
released November 15, 2012
Sandra McCracken: Lead Vocal
Jeremy Casella, Derek Webb: BGVs
Ian Fitchuk: Drums, Piano, Organ
Kevin Twit: All Guitars
Chris Weigel: Bass
Syneva Colle: Cello
Indelible Grace Music was begun to help the church recover the tradition of putting old hymns to new music for each
generation, and to enrich our worship with a huge view of God and His indelible grace. Putting old hymns to new music allows us to hear afresh the rich theology and emotion that fill these hymns....more