Music by Sandra McCracken, Words by James Montgomery (alt. McCracken) ©2012 Drink Your Tea Music (ASCAP) Admin. by Simpleville, INC
Chorus: Hail to the Lord’s anointed, great David’s greater Son!
Hail in the time appointed, His reign on earth begun!
1. He comes to break oppression, to set the captive free,
To take away transgression, and rule in equity. (Chorus)
2. He comes in succor speedy to those who suffer wrong,
To help the poor and needy, and bid the weak be strong.
3. To give them songs for sighing, their darkness turn to light,
Whose souls, condemned and dying, are precious in His sight. (Chorus)
4. He shall come down like showers upon the fruitful earth,
Love, joy, and hope, like flowers, spring in His path to birth. (Chorus)
5. The tide of time shall never His covenant remove.
His Name shall stand forever, That Name to us is Love. (Chorus)
from Joy Beyond The Sorrow: Indelible Grace VI
released November 15, 2012
Sandra McCracken: Lead Vocal
Jeremy Casella, Derek Webb: BGVs
Ian Fitchuk: Drums, Piano, Organ
Kevin Twit: All Guitars
Chris Weigel: Bass
Syneva Colle: Cello
all rights reserved